*Editor’s note: This information was published in the January 2021 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
By Craig J. Brown II, President & CEO
When Christian Healthcare Ministries started in Oct. 1981, no one could have known how God would use it to bless and minister to so many of His people. CHM began with a definable need, followed by an act of obedience to God’s prompting, resulting in a continuing healthcare cost solution for hundreds of thousands of Christ-followers today.
Going into our 40th year, CHM is true to its founding mission—and we continue to experience historic vibrancy and growth. In addition to being the nation’s longest-serving health cost-sharing ministry, we are recognized as the standard-bearer for health cost sharing. That translates into much more than only monetary value for current and prospective CHM members:
1. Ministry motivation. CHM is dedicated to providing a biblical, compassionate solution to healthcare costs through which Christians voluntarily share each other's medical bills.
2. Leadership and experience. I am honored to lead one of the most highly skilled, ministry-motivated leadership teams anywhere. CHM’s leadership team is comprised of dedicated men and women of high integrity and Christian character who have many years of proven leadership experience.
3. Credibility and reputation. CHM has 40 years of excellence and credibility with members and healthcare providers alike. CHM is a high-integrity ministry, marked by transparency, full accountability and adherence to best practices.
4. Scale and consistency. CHM members enjoy being part of a Christian community that is hundreds of thousands of members strong, spanning all 50 states and the U.S. territories. Our well-trained team of ministry staff delivers a consistent ministry experience built on nearly 40 years of continuous improvement and refinement.
5. Vision and momentum. CHM members have the advantage of being served by ministry staff who share a clear and compelling vision for a larger, stronger and more excellent CHM. Their vision is accompanied by service through such improvements as new technologies and a sustainable and historically low average share time of less than 60 days.
Each of these areas enhances CHM’s value to current and prospective members. But perhaps the greatest value we offer is our staff’s ministry motivation and commitment to CHM’s founding mission. We have an amazing history, but we are even more excited to see what God will do in our future. We’re so glad you’re part of this ministry!