CHM's new website: new look, new features
CHM recently redesigned its website, chministries.org, to improve visitor experience and incorporate some new features.
“Our website is the public face of Christian Healthcare Ministries and a primary communication tool,” said Rev. Dr. Howard Russell, CHM president and CEO.
“Prospective members who know nothing about health cost sharing look to the website as a principle source of information. Members, too, benefit from a well-designed site to quickly find the specific info and tools they’re looking for.”
Here are areas that have been added or enhanced on the new site:
- The home page contains quick links to Heartfelt Radio, Heartfelt Magazine, the member application, tax information, a cost calculator and some frequently asked questions about CHM.
- “My medical needs” page under the “How it works” menu: As a type of special interests section, this page contains links for visitors wondering about maternity, catastrophic medical costs (Brother’s Keeper), Medicare, prescriptions, pre-existing conditions and dental and vision.
- Members can now quickly and easily recommend a provider for CHM’s provider directory by visiting the “Healthcare providers and services” page found in the “How it works” menu.
- The new “Forms and documents” page under the “Resources > Documentation” menu offers most of the ministry’s downloadable items (Needs Processing Forms, maternity guide, etc.) in a single location.
- For the first time, CHM has a Heartfelt blog that can be found under the “Resources > Media resources” menu. At the time of website launch, the blog contained over 100 entries grouped into categories such as “CHM for newbies”; “News and programs”; “Health and wellness”; “Save on costs”; and more. Blog posts can easily be shared on social media and are therefore a useful tool for encouraging friends to join the ministry.
- The “About us” menu contains more information about CHM’s leadership team and also features about 200 member testimonials!
- Visitors familiar with CHM’s previous website can still find a whole menu (“Resources > Member resources”) devoted to medical care and bills, as well as individual pages about the CHM Guidelines, Affordable Care Act, new members, video resources, frequently asked questions and more.
- Likewise, the Member Portal (portal.chministries.org) is still available for making payments, uploading medical bills, etc. The ministry staff is also working on enhancing the Portal, but at this writing a release date for changes has not been determined.