Prayer Page giving: the gifts of peace & goodwill
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men. Luke 2:14
On that still, silent and holy night, God’s goodwill brought us peace in the gift of His only son, Jesus.
Similarly, when it comes to Prayer Page gifts, your goodwill brings peace to people just like you—brothers and sisters in Christ who have found themselves in medical situations and, quite often, in financial stress.
The Prayer Page, which appears on pages 7-12 of each issue of Heartfelt Magazine, is one of CHM’s programs to help members with pre-existing conditions.
Here are three reasons to consider end-of-year or ongoing giving to the Prayer Page:
- Donations are tax-deductible (regular monthly financial gifts to CHM are not).
- 100 percent of extra giving goes toward members’ medical bills.
- Many members listed on the Prayer Page report how touched they are to receive cards, letters and emails from other members they’ve never met.
There are three easy ways to give to Prayer Page needs:
- Use the Member Portal to make a one-time donation.
- Include a donation with your monthly check. Write “Prayer Page” on the memo line.
- To set up recurring contributions from your bank account or credit card, call 330-848-1511, ext. 5993.
The Sparkle Box Challenge
A creative way to get your family involved in Prayer Page giving this Christmas season is by using a Sparkle Box, suggested by member Jill Hardie of North Canton, Ohio.
Jill is the author of The Sparkle Box, a children’s book that tells the story of Sam, a boy who finds a mysterious sparkly box on his family’s mantle. On Christmas morning he learns that the box is a gift to Jesus; inside the box are pieces of paper listing things his family did during the holiday season to help those in need.
The Sparkle Box, winner of the Christian Book Award®, is available to read for free on the book’s website, TheSparkleBox.com, now through Dec. 31, 2018.
Jill hopes that CHM members will read the book online and accept the “Sparkle Box Challenge” to create their own gift box for Jesus this Christmas. One of the ideas presented in the book is to give funds for medical care, and Jill specifically suggests giving to Prayer Page needs and writing that down on a slip of paper to be included in your Sparkle Box.