*Editor’s note: This information was published in the June 2022 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
Charity Beall, CHM’s CFO and Treasurer, has these tips to help you save money on your healthcare costs, and how to steward the monthly gift amounts you send to CHM to help keep monthly gift amounts low.
What are the top three ways members can save money?
- Use HealthiestYou™. CHM’s partnership with HealthiestYou™ gives you a quick, convenient, and 24-hour solution to your non-emergency health concerns. Best of all? General medical consultations are free! Register for this service today to start saving.
- Ask a friend to join CHM and receive a Bring-a-Friend credit. Visit our Bring-a-Friend page to learn more!
- Ask for discounts. Discounts go towards reducing or eliminating your Personal Responsibility. If you’re a Bronze or Silver member and obtain discounts equal to or greater than your Personal Responsibility, your Personal Responsibility amount goes down to zero!
What are the top three ways members can steward their monthly gifts?
- Shop for healthcare. Look for independent labs, imaging centers or surgery centers, which usually provide the same quality care or procedures at a fraction of the cost. Here are a couple of websites to get you started:
- Ask your provider for a discount. Most providers have a “cash-pay” or “self-pay” discount built into their billing systems. All that’s necessary is to ask for a discount. Not only does it help you save with your Personal Responsibility, but it helps CHM stretch your monthly gift amounts further.
- Use ambulatory surgery centers (ASC). Asking your provider if they can perform your procedure at an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) instead of a large hospital will save fellow members thousands of dollars of overhead costs charged by hospitals while providing you with excellent care.