Health cost sharing is a way to satisfy your healthcare costs and help fellow Christians while upholding your Christian beliefs and sticking to your budget.
Christian Healthcare Ministries (CHM) is celebrating 40 years as the nation’s first and longest-serving health cost sharing ministry, providing a cost-effective, accountable and faith-based framework to help fellow believers facing a health crisis. Likewise, brothers and sisters in Christ step in to help you in your time of need. Members’ pre-set monthly financial gifts to CHM are the funds used to share each other’s healthcare costs.
The ministry shares 100 percent of eligible bills and overall has shared over $7 billion in members’ healthcare costs. That’s 40 years of faithful medical bill sharing. CHM is also a Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity and the only health cost sharing ministry featured on The Ramsey Show.
CHM is a federally certified exemption to the individual mandate under the U.S. Affordable Care Act. As such, CHM is an eligible option for individuals and families under the national healthcare law.
Advantages of joining CHM
- 40 years of compassionate and principled service
- CHM is compassionate and upstanding
- Budget-friendly and cost-effective
- A federally certified exemption to the national healthcare law; eligible option for individuals and families
- Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity
- Generous maternity program
- Flexibility in choosing your own healthcare providers
- No application fee or annual membership fee
- No one is dropped or denied membership due to medical conditions
- Costs are not adjusted based on medical conditions or history
- Bill discounts often eliminate out-of-pocket expenses
- Longevity, integrity and accountability
- Low administrative costs (1-2 percent annually)
- Earn a credit towards your account for each new membership you bring to CHM
- Knowing that each financial gift (monthly payment) goes to help a fellow Christian as fellow Christians stand by to help you!